Sisters n Sport is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In line with new GDPR regulation this policy is designed to provide a simple explanation to the use of your data within our organisation.
Sisters n Sport does not hold data on behalf of any other organisation and all of the data contained within our system is collected directly from the data source at the point of booking a child on to a class or waiting list or placing a shop order through our website.
What we collect
When you book a place, enter the waiting list for a Sisters n Sport class or purchase some merchandise we collect the following information:
- Parent or adult responsible name, telephone number, postal address, email address
- Attending child/children’s name and date of birth, School and How you heard about Us? and Medical Information.
- Billing Information – Name, Address and Contact Number
Why we collect it
- We need your address so we can send the Registration T-Shirt or your Shop Order
- We need your landline and mobile telephone number so we can call you and text you regarding class information such as a change of venue or class cancellation and/or an update on your order
- We need your email address so we can inform you when the new term dates are available to book online and/or the status of your shop order
- We need the child attending’s name so we can add to the class register
- We need the child attending’s date of birth so we can ensure they are participating in the right class
- We need your emergency contact details to give to coaches, incase they need to contact you during the duration of the class.
- We collect information about the child’s school and how did you hear about us to improve our marketing – understanding the area people travel from and also the communications that have worked.
What else do we do with the information
As explained, we require this information to be able to provide you with a service. Booking your child a place and receiving the initial kit, being informed of last minute cancellations, making sure you are kept informed of new class dates and managing your child’s progress through Sisters n Sport are the reasons we collect this information.
In addition to this we may email you from time to time for the following reasons:
- To inform you of a Sisters n Sport merchandise sale
- To ask you to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- To ask if you would be interested in working as a Sisters n Sport coach
Sharing and holding data
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us
- Your data can be viewed by any member of Sisters n Sport head office staff. We hold your data on a secure, centralised system.
- In accordance with the GDPR, we do not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
- Sisters n Sport shared the emergency contact details and registers with the coaches running the classes. Once the term has ended – these paper records are shredded.
- Sisters n Sport securely stores images taken from our classes. If you would not like your child to be photographed please notify Sisters n Sport prior to the start of the term if possible. No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on Sisters n Sport social media sites.
- Access to all work computers is password protected. When a member of staff leaves the company, these passwords are changed in line with this policy and our Safeguarding policy. Any portable data storage used to store personal data are password protected.
Marketing Preferences & How to Unsubscribe
In line with the changes through the GDPR – we are making it easier to let us know how you would like us to contact you. Please click here to Manage Preferences.
We understand that as your daughter grows up you may no longer want to receive our communications and so you can Unsubscribe from our communications using this link.
Sisters n Sport securely stores images taken from our classes and events. No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on Sisters n Sport social media sites. We will delete images when we are no longer using for marketing purposes.
For all classes there is an opt in policy for photography.
If you would not like your child to be photographed please notify Sisters n Sport – email@example.com
Sisters n Sport National Cup Competitions
Sharing of Data for Fixtures
By entering the Sisters n Sport National Cup Competitions, we will need to share your contact details (Name, Email and Contact Number) with the other schools within the competitions for you to be able to organise fixtures.
Cookies for site analytics and performance
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how the site is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. More information about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service is available.
We use this conversion tracking cookie to help us understand how many people who clicked our Google ads completed an enquiry form.
These cookies expire after 30 days and do not contain personally identifiable information.
If you want to disable conversion tracking cookies, you can set your browser to block cookies from the googleadservices.com domain.
We use this conversion tracking cookie to help us understand how many people who clicked our Facebook ads completed an enquiry form.
It is Sisters n Sport company policy not to keep any of your financial data on file. Once the booking process is complete the financial information is NOT stored by Sisters n Sport.
We use third party, market leading payment processing systems of Paypal and Stripe to handle your payment.
Our website contains the highest level of security and SSL certification.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Sisters n Sport Ltd
8 Crofters Heath, Great Sutton, Cheshire CH66 2XJ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sisters n Sport may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.